This softcover Bible is an ideal, real-life spiritual guide for anyone looking for hope in the face of difficult circumstances and the negative habits they are trying to control. Based on eight recovery principles found in Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount and on the underlying Christ-centered twelve steps of the proven Celebrate Recovery program, this Bible lifts readers up and shows them how to walk, step by attainable step, on a path of healing and liberty.
Featuring a foreword by Rick Warren, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Bible offers hope and encouragement to all who feel powerless and stuck. Through developing a relationship with Jesus Christ, readers will be empowered to rise above their hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
- Full text of the world’s most popular modern English Bible—the New International Version (NIV)
- Articles explain eight recovery principles and accompanying Christ-centered twelve steps
- Over 110 lessons unpack eight recovery principles in practical terms
- Recovery stories offer encouragement and hope
- 30 days of devotional readings
- Over 50 full-page biblical character studies are tied to stories from real-life people who have found peace and help with their own hurts, hang-ups, and habits
- Book introductions
- Side-column reference system keyed to the eight recovery principles
- Topical index
I am not in recovery for anything so it might seem strange that I ordered this Bible to review. I thought that there would definitely be someone who I could give it to and so I thought it would be a great resource to have. I was right. The Bible is amazing on its own, but this one is full of little extras that make it that much more enriching and easy to understand. I love all of the features this Bible has. I highly recommend this Bible for anyone, but the reflection aspects are more geared toward those in some kind of recovery.
I received this book for free in exchange for my honest opinion.