Thursday, July 7, 2011

Yes, Again!

{{{{{SIGH}}}}}

This post really says how I feel about adoption.  Here are some great facts about adoption, orphans and children in the foster care system. 

I kind of feel like I am being redundant when I continue to stress how ridiculous this serious issue is.  I feel like people are just not catching on.  I know so many people who have come out and said that they are thinking about adopting.  Thinking about it.  Yes, we "thought about it" for a long time also.  We really are just now where we actually could adopt.  Not too long ago we would not have qualified financially, etc.  But now we are and are waiting any day now to hear that we are officially certified! 

I just URGE you.  I wish you could hear me say that.... how serious of a tone I say that in.  I really urge you to stop "thinking about it" and do it.  Step out and try it.  Start the classes you need to adopt from foster care.  You will learn sooo much and I believe you will really find out if this journey is for you or if it's not during those classes.   We were only going to adopt.  There was no option to foster for us before the classes and now we are fostering to adopt. 

Just do something!  Please!  I do understand that it is a calling to live that life.  I do.  I get it.  But I also get that we are being called to do things constantly that we never act on because we are just not listening, we do not want to or we are just afraid to. 

I also know that we are all told:
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:27


Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.
Isaiah 1:17

And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.
Matthew 18:5


So if you are feeling at all interested or at all shaken by the idea of adopting, please, PLEASE, PLEASE just check it out!  It's no big deal to find out more!  Stop talking, thinking about it and just do it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment