Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pregnancy Update.... Long Overdue and Total Randomness!!

I have neglected my blog sooo much and I am disappointed that I have had no real desire to blog more, especially about this pregnancy. 

But, it is what it is. 

I am about 38 weeks pregnant and ready to go!  I keep trying to remind myself that at the most I have 3 weeks left.  3 weeks because my dr (and I) really do not want to go that far past my due date before just scheduling a repeat c-sec. 

My ultimate goal is to have a VBAC.  And, yes, I am pretty scared!  Hahaha!  Some days, I want her out so badly just to hold and see in person that I am half tempted to just schedule a repeat for any time now.  Of course then I think about how I want more children and how continuous c-secs are not safe.  My dr only recommends 3 btw, which would leave me with only 1 more child.  Biologically, of course.

Recovering from a c-sec is miserable, too.  At least it was for me.  I've heard that scheduled ones are not nearly as bad as unplanned/emergency ones, but still. 

I would actually take one if they offered a tummy tuck to go with it... don't you think that should be standard with c-secs?  I mean you are already having major surgery and are already cut in exactly the right places.... I vote yes!

So what am I doing to try to go into labor naturally? 

What am I not doing?

I'm taking 2500 mg of evening primrose oil and 1000 mg of red raspberry leaf (which I know does not help induce labor but only helps to strengthen your uterine muscles).  We have been doing the closed door method also... isn't that such a polite term?  I read it the other day.  I've also been doing lots of ni*ple stimulation.  And I started walking last night... yes.... how awful I am just now starting to really go out and walk, but the hot, sticky weather isn't so appealing to me.  The walk definitely did something... I am pretty sore down there.  And I actually don't know where down there is- my bladder?  my uterine muscles?  I don't know.  I just know it hurts a lot more "down there" when I walk.  So definitely more walking is in store for me.  I am not at all lacking in the Braxton Hicks contraction area as I have them about every 10 minutes and have been for several weeks.  For months I have been having them farther apart.  Luckily, most of them don't hurt. 

I seem to ovulate late because each of my 3 babies have been exactly 10 days smaller than their due date according to my last menstrual period.  Now I can't imagine that I ovulate that late in the month, but somehow they are all off.  When the dr measures my stomach though I am always 1-3 weeks bigger and with K being 9 lbs 5 oz and 20.5 inches I know she was not lacking in size.  With Kassidy, they changed my date.  With Paisley, I think they changed the date and with Rylee I was thrilled when he didn't change the date.  Who wants to go to their first ultrasound at 8 weeks and be told they are only about 6?  Not I! 

My point being that with Kassidy I had her exactly in between the 2 dates.  I also took evening primrose oil and did lots of ni*ple stimulation the night before I went into labor.  I've always thought that I had a serious hand in putting myself into labor, but now I am not quite sure since I seem to be doing even more this time around and am getting nowhere.

My dr was supposed to start sweeping my membranes last week, but I was not dilated at all.  :(  Total bummer, but I go again this Thursday and hopefully we will get that done then!

I definitely need to write down more here as a place to keep these memories since I can't seem to remember anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment