Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Review: A Place Called Blessing

I LOVED this book!!  It is such an easy read and I couldn't put it down.  I cried, then laughed and cried again.  My mouth fell open several times during the book, which means I am usually hooked!

This story, which could easily be real, is about a boy who has devastation after devastation in his life.  He is soon put into foster care, where even more devastation continues.  Devastation and its result for him might shock you and make you think differently about children, especially those in foster care.  (What a perfect story for me to read as we are on our own foster to adopt journey)  Throughout his life, he has learned to depend only on himself and never trust anyone.  Things happen and people come into his life for the better and for the worse.

This is a book that everyone should read.  It teaches about forgiveness, of others and of ourselves.  It teaches about being a blessing and receiving blessings.  It teaches about love, loss and hope. 

I joined Book Sneeze so I could get free books!!  Yay for free!!  And double yay for new, quality books for free!!  I do not get any other compensation besides the book and agree to give my completely honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment