Monday, April 30, 2012

Book Review: George Washington Carver

If you had asked me a year ago who George Washington Carver was I would have had no idea.  The introduction to this amazing man came from an episode of 19 Kids and Counting (although it might have been 18 at that time).  They went to a museum/national historical site and learned about him.  When I saw this book for review, I was excited to learn more about him. 

George Washington Carver was an African American man who made so many great strides in botany and agriculture, as well as in several other areas.  He was a gentle man who always gave credit to God for his talents and discoveries. 

This book was an easy read, but packed with great information and history.  I definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes history or to anyone, like myself, who homeschools.  My daughter will definitely be reading this book when she gets older.  He was a great man and would be a great role model for any young person. 

I joined Booksneeze so I could get free books!! Yay for free!! And double yay for new, quality books for free!! I do not get any other compensation besides the book and agree to give my completely honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment