Friday, March 25, 2011

Homeschool Journal #1



This is a "meme", and I have no idea what that means.  I'll look it up right now... it means a unit of social information and it sounds like gene.  So this one is about homeschooling obviously and it's with a bunch of other homeschooling mom bloggers.  It goes on every week and this is part of what I think will be a great memory keeper. 

In my life this week...  I started blogging.  YAY!  I worked on getting organized but have wayyy more to do. 

In our homeschool this week...  we found a great new grammar book with the Little Critters (you know the children's books with the little porcupines... I guess they are).  Kassidy is liking the book and seems to be learning from it!

My favorite thing this week was...  blogging and reading other amazing women's blogs!  Can you tell I'm excited about blogging?!?!

What's working/not working for us...  What's not working is that we aren't working as much as we should which is completely my fault.  Often I feel like she might be behind in school but then I realize that we are working 1 grade higher in grammar and we are working 1-1/2 grades higher in math... so I just have to let it go and try to do more every day.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...  When will this school year be overrrrr?!?!?!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...  I heard this on the radio from Kirk Cameron's wife who heard it from someone else: "I'm not who I could be, I'm not who I should be, but I'm not who I was."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leila! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'm loving all the new people I'm meeting through HMJ and other "memes" (sometimes people have called them "blog hops" too)!

    I sometimes feel like we aren't doing enough either (and other times too much!)...but since your daughter is only 7...it's okay, that's the wonderful thing about homeschooling you can go at your own pace! And there is plenty of time before you need to buckle down :-) Me, I feel like we're running out of time...mine is 15 and only has 3 more years of homeschooling after we finish this year. It goes by fast!

    God Bless & welcome to the HMJ "blog hopping meme"! Oh and to blogging too!:D I've been blogging for several years now and I love it! (used to blog on Homeschoolblogger before coming to blogger)

    ps...I thought it was funny that your daughter's name was Kassidy, when my daughter was younger - from about age 3 to 8 (before we moved to FL in 2004) her best friend was Cassidy...they're still friends today but the long distance makes the "best" part hard. It's not a name you see very often.

    ReplyDelete