Thursday, March 17, 2011

We Are All Meant To Shine

So I decided to start blogging.  I have recently found a few blogs that I absolutely love and have spent wayyy to much time late at night reading tons of their posts.  There is so much going on in my family's life right now and hopefully blogging with be both theraputic and a great way to save memories.  I was thinking last night about what to call my blog... something catchy (not that mine really is but maybe it's totally not un-catchy) and something that has meaning to me.  Well here is it... an A-mazing poem or excerpt I really think from her book A Return to Love.  Ahhh... this is probably my absolute favorite ever probably because for me I think it is completely spot on with how I feel/act.
 
Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not out darkness
That most frightens us.

We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small
Does not serve the world. 
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us;
It's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we're liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

By Marianne Williamson

Who Are You Not To Be???

So profound to me.  I am a child of God and my playing small does not serve the world but so often I do shrink... because I'm self-conscious... because I feel like I might stand out too much if I act the way I feel like I should act as a child of God who is supposed to change the world or even change my world... fear, fear, fear.  I've been meaning to print this poem out and frame it... maybe tomorrow :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment