Saturday, April 9, 2011

You May Say That I'm A Dreamer because I Am

I heard this song on the radio today.  It was not a good morning.  We were supposed to be somewhere at a certain time.  In short:  we got lost.  we were running late.  we were beyond lost with the changes from construction.  we were stressed out because of the previous and we were arguing because of the previous.  not a good morning.  

Then I heard this song.  Now, initially, some of the lyrics are not in line with what I believe but I sure love this song.  I will not write what I don't believe is not right because that would end up being redundant.  I thought I would write about what I hear and feel when I hear it and a little info to make it understandable.  If you've never heard the song Imagine by John Lennon it's at the bottom of this post.


Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky

The sun (and God's majesty) is pouring down on me.  My arms are stretched out soaking it all in.  All around me is openness- wide open fields and green all around.  (see The Sound of Music opening scene) 


Imagine all the people
Living for today

I long for the simple life.  I want to live for the day.  I don't like scheduling things, although I do schedule alot... maybe it's more of the committing to things that I do not at all like... yet I love to know what is going to happen in the future.  I think if we were all living more simply and living for today our world would be a better place.  We would have time to stop and thank God for our blessings- all of them including the little ant we just killed on the sidewalk. 

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for

We are members of the Earth.  No one has any worries about bombs, terrorists or racism. 



And no religion too

I think that knowing God and honoring the blood Jesus shed to save my life is what should be the underlying theme in everyone's daily lives... not religion.  Sometimes I believe that religion causes wayy more problems than it offers solutions.  I believe that my religion is the right one, which is how everyone feels, which is why we have countries that have basically never stopped killing eachother over "the right" religion. 


Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

Ahh... peace.  Yes, I could totally be a hippy.  A hippy, who ate only from her garden, who recycled everything, who sat around in amazement with nature, who wanted nothing but world peace.  The thought of this kind of makes me laugh because... I do think that in our fallen world war is inevitable and sometimes necessary... I am not free-loving at all in sexual ways... I am conservative but in many ways I could be a hippy and maybe you could be, too. 


You may say that I'm a dreamer

Yes, I am.


But I'm not the only one

I hope not.


I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can

I could give away all of the possessions I have.  I really could.  At least almost everything... some pictures would be nice and a few things to be able to survive would be nice but everything else could go.  I wish my husband was less interested in possessions and I really wish the world was... not that I am perfect (at all) but materials are just not that important to me.  I hate how commercials and how evvverythinnngg is so geared towards pushing us (and more importantly our children) into believing that we need this or that to live better.  Amish... I could be tomorrow.


No need for greed or hunger

I smile at the thought. 


A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

Wasn't this the goal?  To worship God, be glorifying Him in every moment while sharing all the world until He comes.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

So I think that John Lennon was speaking of Heaven.  I hope so.  I don't have any ideas or knowledge about his beliefs, but maybe he is up in Heaven and his song has come true for him, because this song is alot of what I believe Heaven will be.  A brotherhood of believers.  No hunger.  No greed.  No possessions.  Just peace.  With God.  But only because of Jesus.   





Do you like this song?  What do you think Heaven will be like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment